1. What is JHEOR?
The Journal of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (JHEOR) is an international high-quality journal covering all fields and methodologies related to health economics and outcomes research. Manuscripts with topics ranging from theory and methodology to international studies and analyses with a health economic or outcomes research focus in a wide variety of therapeutic areas will be considered for publication.
All articles are available online as early as 24 hours from payment of the publication fee.
2. Why submit to JHEOR?
Submit your research to JHEOR to take advantage of:
- Double-blind peer review within 1 week of submission.
- Publication as early as 24 hours after acceptance.
- All articles are published and receive final citation details on the day they are accepted.
3. Are there any fees to submit manuscripts?
Because the cost of peer reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving articles is not recouped through subscription charges, JHEOR charges a publication fee on all articles that are accepted for publication. The publication fee is a flat charge of US$1,000.00, and no additional costs are incurred for the inclusion of color figures, etc.
4. What is Open Access?
All articles published in JHEOR are open access, which means they are freely and universally accessible online, and permanently archived in an internationally recognised open access repository. Because open access articles are freely available via the internet and therefore more widely visible than articles published behind subscription barriers, some studies suggest that open access articles are twice as likely to be cited. Therefore, open access publication benefits the scientific community by making results of research immediately and freely available to all.
5. If my article is published, how will it be cited?
Articles in JHEOR should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal.
Example: JHEOR 2013; 1:1-5
6. If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
All articles published in JHEOR are included in:
- Google Scholar
- Summon by Serial Solutions
- Academic OneFile
- Business Source
- Current Abstracts
- Current Index to Statistics
7. How can I order reprints?
As all articles are open access, readers are free to download and/or print copies from the website. Some sections of the website may require free registration with minimal information requested, in order to minimize misuse of the website and its contents. If you prefer not to register for the website, you can contact us to request a copy of articles.
8. What is the copyright policy of JHEOR?
Upon acceptance for publication of the manuscript, author(s) will be requested to sign the Assignment of Copyright agreement with A2 Publications, whereby the author(s) sell, assign and transfer to A2 Publications and its successors and assigns, the entire right, title and interest in and to the copyright of the manuscript and any registrations and copyright applications relating thereto and any renewals and extensions thereof. Manuscript will not be published without receipt by A2 Publications of the Assignment of Copyright agreement form, signed by all authors. For more information, please visit A2 Publications Copyright and License Agreement.
9. Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in JHEOR?
Illustrations, figures or tables from any article may be reproduced in any format or medium, provided that A2 Publications is duly identified as the original publisher, and that proper attribution of authorship and correct citation details are given. Articles are published in open access and may be reproduced in accordance with A2 Publications' open access policy and the copyright laws of the United States of America and the State of Michigan.
10. What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
By registering your details with JHEOR you can view entire articles in addition to the abstracts. You may also receive article alerts and news updates. Free registration is required to read full articles and submit a manuscript to JHEOR. If you prefer not to register for the website but still would like to read full articles, you can contact us to request a copy of the articles.
11. Is there a printed version of the journal?
JHEOR is published online only. If you wish to print out a copy of an article, we recommend you select the PDF version of the article online. PDFs of all articles have been formatted in a way that is ideal for printing, so, if you prefer, articles do not have to be read on screen.
12. How can I ensure that I receive JHEOR's emails?
Occasionally, email sent by JHEOR may be caught by spam filters. Most modern email software includes a spam or junk folder, and it is worth checking this from time to time.
If you find emails from JHEOR in your spam or junk folder, you can tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the "Not spam" or "Not junk" button, and most mail programs will learn from this and will be less likely to misclassify subsequent emails.
In order to guarantee that mail from JHEOR does not get caught by your spam filters, most systems also make it possible to create a list of “trusted senders”.
Instructions are provided below for how to add JHEOR to your “trusted sender” list using Outlook , Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, a similar approach will generally be possible.
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
5. Click OK
1. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
2. Go to the Rules tab
3. Select Add Rule
4. Give this rule a name such as "JHEOR"
6. From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'.
7. Click "OK"
1. Click the Address Book button
2. Highlight the Personal Address Book
3. Click on "New Contact"
5. Click "Ok"
6. Select "Account settings > Junk Settings" from the side menu
7. Select "Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account" and "Personal Address book"
8. Click "Ok"
1. At the top right of the page, go to “Settings”, “Filters”, “Create a new filter”
3. Click "Next Step"
4. Click the box “Never send it to Spam”
5. Click “Create Filter”
1. At the top right of the page, go to "Options”, “More options”
2. Click “Safe and blocked senders”
3. Click “Safe senders”
5. Click the "Add"
1. At the top left of the page click "Mail Options"
2. Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
3. On the Filters page, click "Add"
4. Add “Filter Name”
6. Click the ("Choose Folder") pull down menu and select 'Inbox'
7. Select “Save”
1. Log into your Postini account
2. Go to “My settings”, and then to “Approved senders”
4. Click “Update approved domains”
13. What is A2 Publications?
A2 Publications aims to offer a portfolio of open and semi-open access journals covering all disciplines. A2 Publications journals combine open access with expertise and high-quality from submission to publication. Submitted manuscripts are reviewed within 1 week of receipt, and publication of accepted manuscripts can be as fast as 24 hours after acceptance.